A Simple 3-Step Living Centrepiece For Spring
The sun has come out, the snow is melting, the birds are singing and the Easter bunny is on its way! Spring is here and what better way to celebrate than a super simple, 3-step DIY centrepiece that the whole family can participate in!
Do you have a glass trifle dish that is sitting around? It may be meant for delicious desserts, but you can actually use it to make a beautiful centrepiece! This simple and economical centrepiece is sure to bring spring into your home and will last a couple of weeks.
Follow the written directions or follow along with the video tutorial below – let’s make something beautiful together!
What you will need:
- A trifle dish
- 3 flower bulbs
- A small bunch of sphagnum moss
- Any little decor pieces you wish to add
- Start by placing three flower bulbs in the dish – I have chosen to use three muscari bulbs, but you can choose whatever type you would like.
- Add some sphagnum moss to make it like an Easter nest. All you have to do is lids it around and in between all of your bulbs to fill in the space.
- Now for the most fun part, adding your decorations! There are so many different things you could add to your centrepiece, from feathers to pompoms, to pussy willows to Easter eggs! This is even a fun activity for your kids to get involved in! I’ve chosen to add some of the artificial eggs we have available in our shop as a pop of colour. All you have to do is nestle them on top of the moss and in between your bulbs until you’re happy with the finished result!
I hope this tutorial has inspired you to start thinking about spring and the warmer days ahead!
Did you love this super simple spring tutorial? Try one of our DIY kits or our Virtual Workshops available on our online store!
Hurry though, our DIY kits sell out fast!
Want to know when the latest shipments come in? Be the first to know by following us on Instagram!