Why You Need Eucalyptus In Your Life
COLD AND FLU SEASON IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER! TO HELP YOU PREPARE, YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER EUCALYPTUS TO PROVIDE NATURAL RELIEF
Enjoy the benefits of adding some greenery to your home and ease health issues with natural remedies from one plant!
Seven Benefits of Eucalyptus:
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Mental stimulant
- Helps with sinus and respiratory issues
- Relaxes and dilates the muscles in the trachea and lungs
- It is an effective Mosquito repellent that is approved by the CDC
- Known to help with reduce breath
CREATE A SPA EXPERIENCE IN YOUR HOME WITH THIS EASY DIY!
The ideal eucalyptus that you want to use for your shower is either the “baby blue” or “true blue.”
They are very similar to each other with matching benefits. It’s all about the oil they produce with these types!
- Choose a small or large bundle of eucalyptus. The larger the bunch the more oils that will be released.
- Create a bunch and tie it with raffia or jute.
- Hang the bunch in your shower, behind the shower head and out of the shower stream.
- Turn your shower on to very hot water and allow the steam release the oils in the eucalyptus. (It’s key to allow the hot water to activate the oil in the branches!)
- Wait a couple of minutes and then turn the water down to a safe temperature before you hop in and enjoy the many benefits of this great plant.
A Brief Eucalyptus History:
- Eucalyptus essential oil has been used in Indigenous Australian medicine as an antibacterial and anti-fungal treatment for centuries.
- In India’s Ayurvedic medicine, it’s used in the treatment of respiratory ailments.
- In 17th century England, it was used to disinfect in hospitals.